Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in joining our club and the Rotary fraternity! Before you can become a member, we want to get to know you better and you also have to fulfil some criteria which determine your eligibility for membership.
Here are some things to know about membership in our club:
- Membership is by invitation and NOT application. This means that, before you become a member we want to get to know you and whether you will ‘fit’ into our fraternity and whether ‘we like you’, so to speak. Only then will we extend an invitation to you for membership. Therefore, you will have to tell us more about you (see questionnaire below), then you will attend some of our meetings on a regular basis and you will require a current member to propose you.
- Attendance requirement. Rotary’s motto ‘Service Above Self’ also means that you must be able to make yourself available for meetings and ‘field’ (community) work. You must attend at least 50% of all weekly meetings per year! That requires your time and commitment!
- Can you afford membership? While Rotary is by no means an ‘eliteist’ club for rich people’, it does require a degree of financial commitment, such as:
– Joining Fee
– Yearly subscription
– Cost for weekly lunches at Laico Regency or similar
- Venue. Our weekly fellowships are currently held on Thursday at 12:30pm at Capital Club, 6th floor. Can you make the time to attend? If not, you may want to contact a club closer to your place of work or residence.
- Age matters. Rotary is for business men and women who are at least 30 years old. If you are younger, you may want to join Rotaract – our daughter organisation for young professionals between 18-30 years.
- Your vocation matters. As a member, you will contribute to the work of Rotary by applying your business and vocational skills (or ‘connections’). What skills can you bring to the club that will be of benefit to the membership and our work?
- Is Rotary’s objective also yours? Before joining, you should know what Rotary is all about, what it’s motto, objectives, programs and ‘avenues of service’ are. Get more information from the links in the sidebar.
So, what’s the next step?
If you are able to fulfill these requirements and you are confident that you will ‘fit’ in, please fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch.